Sunday, October 25, 2009

big foot lives here!


The other day Scott went for a run and told me that his feet kind of hurt, which is one of many reasons I try to abstain from that form of body jarring exercise.
"I think my shoes are too small," he said. I looked at his feet. I think the shoes look fine.. but his feet look too long.
"Holy cow! I hope you grow into those!" I said jokingly. "When did we get those shoes?"
"Last year when I joined Civil Air Patrol. I got them at the same time I got my boots."
"Well," I continued my shoe investigation. "How do your boots fit?"
"They are way too small. I just have to crunch my toes up when I put them on."
I had visions of the Chinese ladies with their feet being bound in a way that they could hardly walk. I wondered how in the heck my thirteen year old could run an 8 minute mile with his toes folded in half!
The next time we went to Auburn we stopped in at the Big 5. Scott tried on boots and running shoes. Thankfully they were both on sale.
He went from a 9.5 to an 11 in shoe size. Yikes! No wonder it hurt to run, I am surprised the kid could walk!

Beware Sasquatch- there is a new "Big Foot" in town!

note to self: How many times do I limp along because I am putting on something that does not fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment